Friday, September 6, 2013

Welcome to Mrs. Thorn's music blog!   Visit often to read information, see photos and watch videos about the East Hills Vocal Music Program, including 2nd through 5th grade music classes and 4th and 5th grade chorus. 

After a great summer spent with my husband, my son Alex and a lot of family and friends, I am looking forward to seeing all of my music students at East Hills.   I am especially excited to meet all of the new 2nd graders!  

4th and 5th grade parents will soon receive a letter from me concerning chorus.   4th Grade Chorus will rehearse every Wednesday morning from 8:10-8:50 AM starting September 25th.   5th Grade Chorus will meet every Thursday morning from 8:10-8:50 AM starting September 26th.  If your child is interested in singing in our chorus and you have concerns about before school transportation please consider car pooling with another student.  Another option is taking the bus.  A letter will be sent from the office with information about bus transportation.  We learn something new every week in chorus so it is important that the children be at as many rehearsals as possible.  We also have a lot of fun, and I don't want any students to miss out!

Thank you so much for stopping in!   I am looking forward to an amazing year of music making with your children!


This is my son Alex.   He tested many instruments for us to make sure they were ready for the first day of school!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment